I love sweet potato fries I think they are fantastic, but sweet potato casserole or sweet potatoes with marshmallows ugh! I don’t’ like them at all! As a matter of fact I will only make them for my husband I am not eating them. I just can’t stand the smell or the flavors.
When I found this recipe I was intrigued. It looked interesting and my husband was all up for it. The recipe was super simple to make and it baked beautifully. What more could I ask for? Apparently more…
I decided I would give them a try. The crispy praline topping was really drawing me in. Better yet, the smell was to die for. Oh boy there was a reason for the smell. This recipe is fantastic. I wouldn’t change a thing. I never thought I would like it much better love it! This recipe is a keeper. My husband even suggested putting it in a deep dish pie crust! Hum now that’s an idea!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 stick butter — melted
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs — well beaten
- 1 stick butter ( 1/2 cup) melted
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole