- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 (6-ounce) bag sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large Orange peeled, seeds removed, and diced
- 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the cranberry juice, orange, cranberries, cinnamon and sugar. Bring to a boil and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have softened and apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove 8 ounces of the liquid to a small bowl and whisk in the cornstarch. Slowly add the cornstarch-juice mixture (slurry) to the cranberry mixture, stirring constantly. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until thickened, about 30 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and serve.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com