- 3 tbsp. bacon bits
- 3 tbsp. bacon drippings
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Up to 1/2 cup of whole milk, half and half, or heavy cream
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, only if needed
- Sprinkle the kernels with the sugar; stir and set aside.
- To a large skillet add bacon drippings and butter and melt over medium heat. Add the corn 1/2 tablespoon of the cream.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring often, and adding just a splash of cream as the corn begins to dry, just enough to keep the corn just lightly moist. Continue cooking, stirring and turning the corn occasionally, adding cream as needed, for roughly 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and fry the corn until the corn begins to brown and get a bit crisp.
- Last add bacon bits and mix together well.
- *Add salt as needed*
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com