This is a very good recipe! Not only full of flavor but easy to make too! That’s right up my alley! I can easily see us having this again. I love anything flavorful and easy.
The only thing I would do different next time is to serve it with other things that are not as flavorful so that this recipe can shine all one its own! I bet you could even add some ham or chicken to it as serve it as a main course!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (Add more water as needed if rice and pasta are not done before liquid is absorbed).
- Stir in the basil, parsley and salt
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com