I couldn’t be any more pleased with this recipe. I have one more quarter of a brisket that I plan on using exactly the same way. We all loved it. Not only did we use it to make brisket tacos, but we used it for barbeque sandwiches. Excellent!
- 3 lbs. brisket
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cans Coca Cola (Not Diet!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large Dutch oven add olive oil then turn the burner on a medium high heat. Once the oil starts to smoke add brisket and keep turning until all sides including the ends are a nice deep brown. The meat may stick a bit. If it’s sticking give it an extra minute or so on that side and it should life off the pot.
- Once each side has been browned add the brisket to a lined crock pot. Then coat the brisket with the spices.
- Add the sliced onions and bell pepper to the crock pot (just spread them out evenly)
- Next not only pour the Coca Cola on to the brisket, but add the remaining juices from the browning pot also. That’s too good to waste!
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on your brisket and crock pot (Mine took exactly 8 hours then the meat fell apart).
- Every hour I would turn the brisket so that all sides were getting coated and wouldn’t dry out.
- Remove from the crockpot and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice against the grain (This will prevent it from being stringy)
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com