There are a plethora of these recipes floating around the web. My cousin posted a version of this recipe online but the directions were lacking… direction. I decided to take the concept and change them up a bit but not much. More than anything I just game them directions.
These cookies are really good. She said they had a weird texture and boy was she right. They are more oatmeal bites than I would say cookies. You are not going to get a chewy crispy cookie more like a chewy oatmeal bite. To me they taste like banana bread but in a cookie form. I really like them and think they would be awesome for breakfast. Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast? Better yet they are only 66 calories each.
I didn’t add stevia to these cookies but I think I will to the next batch. I will also be leaving the coconut out because I didn’t think it added anything to the flavor. I was going to make more then realized I would be shy two bananas. I think I might also only make them 1 tbsp. each instead of two and bake them in ball form and make them bite size.
These are super healthy and you can really do anything with them. I look at a recipe like this as a guide to another version of what you can do. You could put any type of fruit, milk flavor, and different extracts like almond or coconut, leave this out or add that. I would only suggest watching what you add or adding up the calories before you add the ingredients because the calories could get out of hand quick.
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce (unsweetened with cinnamon)
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats (Not minute oats)
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk (rice, soy, chocolate)
- ½ cup raisins or Crasins (nuts, chocolate chips_
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (or almond, coconut, rum)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (pumpkin spice)
- 4 tbsp. sweetened coconut flakes
- 2-3 packs stevia (if desired taste the batter first)
Directions: (Yields 20 cookies) 66 calories each (2 tbsp. of cookie dough per cookie)
- Mix all ingredients together in a stand mixer.
- Scoop out into two tablespoon cookie scoops
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
Number of Servings: 20 cookies
- 66 calories per serving
- 13 carbs
- 1 grams of fat
- 1 protein
- 5 sugar
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com