I grew up with a Cajun father so eating Creole food was a way of life. We still eat a ton of Creole and Cajun food in our home. One of my favorite recipes is Creole Okra. I love okra to begin with so that helps. This is a great combination of ingredients that produce a wonderfully flavored veggies dish full of veggies and flavor and very low in calories.
- 16 ounce bag frozen (un-breaded) okra
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- ½ teaspoon Tony Chachere Cajun Seasoning
- Mild Rotel Tomatoes 1 can drained
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- Salt as desired
- To a medium size pot add one diced onion and sauté until the onion starts to get a nice brown color. You can add margarine to the pot to help the onion brown, or you can use a few tablespoons of water to get the same affect without the calories.
- Next add the garlic and allow to cook until it becomes fragrant about another minute. Now add the remaining ingredients, tomatoes, Tony’s and the okra.
- Cook until okra is tender add salt if necessary.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com