I love our recipe for Poblano Cheesy Chicken and Rice, but it has a lot of added extra calories that are really not needed. By taking the original recipe and changing it up a bit I was able to come up with a recipe that was just as good if not better for a lot less calories.
The original recipe calls for a lot of cheese that adds about 50 extra calories per serving to the recipe. Who needs that! This recipe is truly just as good. No one even noticed the missing cheese but everyone loved the added carrots. It’s not only much lower in calories, but it also goes a bit further meaning you get a bigger serving!
- 1-13 ounce can of chicken drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -8 ounce box Zatarain’s Yellow Rice Mix,
- 1- 10.5 ounce can cream of poblano soup (or cream of anything)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots
- In a large pot sauté onion until its tender, remove from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot cook yellow rice according to package directions.
- Once the rice is cooked about 20-25 minutes add onions back into the pot, add drained chicken, cream of poblano soup, corn and carrots.
- Mix well and heat all the way through. Once everything is heated through serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 6
- 255 calories per serving
- 41 carbs
- 3 grams of fat
- 14 protein
- 4 sugar
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com