There is a bakery here outside of Houston called Great Harvest Bread Company. They offer some really incredible products. For the most part I love their Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins. They are very good but a little dense for me. Another thing that makes me back off from them is that they are $3 each and they are 660 calories each (supposable they are 2 servings per muffin).
I wanted to see if I could make something similar to the Great Harvest Company’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin. I remembered a Weight Watchers recipe I saw online a few years ago that I thought might work to replicate this recipe. What’s so great about this recipe is that its egg free and oil free which helps elevate some of the calories.
Three ingredients and that’s it! An entire jumbo muffin is 357 calories! Wow much better! It’s very filling so you can get away with just the muffin for breakfast. If you need a little more you could add a side of fruit to keep your calories down.
These muffins blew me away! They are sooooo good! I made them jumbo to make them easy to carry to school for breakfast. You could make these any size which would cut down the calories … depending on how many you eat! Good luck with that one.
- 1 boxed Betty Crocker Spice cake mix
- 1 can 100% Libby’s pumpkin
- ¼ bag Hershey chocolate chips
- Place cake mix and pumpkin in a bowl and mix.
- Once your ingredients are mixed well fold in the chocolate chips
- Divide into unlined muffin tins. (These muffins tend to stick to muffin liners. You might try silicone liners or even the tin foil looking liners)
- Bake on 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven
- Check for it to be done with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes.
Number of Servings: 6
- 357 calories per serving
- 75 carbs
- 7 grams of fat
- 6 protein
- 40 sugar
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
2 thoughts on “Jumbo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins”
Wow…muffins looks wonderful… 🙂
Thank you! They are very good and great for an on the go breakfast.I love how easy they are too. Not much work at all.