This soup has so many wonderful things going for it. It’s delicious! It’s easy, it’s inexpensive, and it takes about five minutes to put together. Oh yeah I must mention that it’s also very low in calories and Vegan if you are looking of a vegan recipe.
I placed everything in a pot, turned on the heat, mixed everything together and brought it to a boil then let it simmer for a few minutes and served.
My husband’s reaction… It’s ALREADY done? WOW that’s great!! This is a new go to for something quick and easy! The only thing I changed was I added a can of garbanzo beans verses a can of black beans because that’s what I had on hand.
- 1 can chipotle diced tomatoes
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can black beans (drained and washed)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- Drain black beans and run water over them until water runs clear.
- Place all ingredients into a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil lower the heat to a medium simmer and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Makes approximately 12 cups and it less than 100 calories per cup.