- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon (Try to use MSG free)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup of frozen sweet yellow corn
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 cups milk
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery once hot. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and stir constantly for 60 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, diced chicken, rice, bouillon, basil, sea salt, black pepper and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the soup up until it boils. Mix the corn starch and milk thoroughly in a bowl. Add the milk mixture to the boiling soup and stir.
- Lower the heat and add the corn. Mix thoroughly and simmer for a few more minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf and discard.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
1 thought on “Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup”
Looks hot & yummy…:-)