|Taken with my Smartphone… Not the best Pic!|
- 2 pounds of dry or frozen tortellini (cooked according to the packaging)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Place your burner on medium and begin to melt the butter in saucepan, and gradually start adding flour using a whisk to mix everything together. Be patient and go slow with this process.
- When your flour butter combination starts getting thick slowly start adding milk and whisking at the same time. Stay patient! If it starts lumping up don’t panic just keep whisking it should start coming together. Go slowly while adding the milk
- As it starts to thicken up keep whisking and add the spices while doing so. DO NOT allow your cheese sauce to come to a boil at any point because once you add your cheese the oils in the cheese and the milk will start separating you don’t want that or the recipe will be ruined.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and continue mixing with the whisk. Heat until cheese melts and sauce the sauce becomes a smooth consistency. **if you find your cheese sauce to be lumpy you can slowly pour it into a blender and run it for a few seconds. This will remove all of your lumps. If you don’t have a glass blender you will need your cheese sauce to cool a bit before pouring it in the plastic blender.**
- Add tortellini to the cheese sauce and heat through.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com