If you like orange slice candy you will probably love these cookies. These are a staple in our family for the holidays. I don’t particularly like them, but then again I don’t like orange slice candy. I will tell you that I am in the minority in our family because everyone else loves this recipe.
It’s a very old fashioned recipe that was my Papa’s favorite cookie during the holidays. I don’t think it would have been Christmas in his heart without Orange slice candy cookies.
- 1 pound bag orange candy slices (jelly candy)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound box brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 oz. of whisky
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Cut orange slice candy into small pieces, coat with ¼ cup of the measured flour
- Beat eggs till lemon colored
- Gradually add sugar to the eggs, and continue beating as you are adding sugar.
- Add vanilla and whisky
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, pecans and candy
- Mix well
- Spread ½ inch thick into a 17x11x1 pan (Jelly Roll Pan)
- Bake at 275 degrees 20-30 minutes.
- Cut into bars while hot then roll into powdered sugar
- Cool then seal in an air tight container.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com