- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar, plus more for rolling cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla then gradually add the 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, measure, then sift again with the salt. Add gradually to the butter mixture. Add the pecans and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets and roll in powdered sugar while still hot. Cool on wire racks and roll cookies again in powdered sugar before serving.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com