- Roasted Garlic Compound Butter
- 1 stick salted butter (softened)
- 1 bulb of garlic
- *any other spices that you want to add*
Directions for Roasting the Garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place the garlic heads in a piece of foil. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself.
- Use a small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
Compound butter directions:
- Once your garlic has completely cool add it to the room temperature butter and make sure it is mixed well.
- Once everything is mixed well together scoop the butter onto a piece of wax paper and form the butter into a stick or into the shape that makes you happy.
- Place in a freezer for 30 minutes to set the butter, then refrigerator after and use as needed.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com