I promised you all this recipe a few days ago, but I fell behind. It’s here now so I guess that’s what counts right? This is a really great recipe it’s nice and hardy and a perfect fall recipe! I am not a fan of fresh mushrooms, but I really enjoyed this soup. The flavor is very earthy and smooth. It has really nice creaminess to it which I was not anticipating.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (about 10-3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ½ cup quick-cooking barley, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Coat Dutch oven or large saucepan with cooking spray
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add oil and tilt pan to coat bottom of pan.
- Add onions; cook and stir 8 minutes or until onions just begin to turn golden.
- Add carrots and cook and stir 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, barley, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions, salt and pepper.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com