At this time of year my favorite find is Pumpkin Spice anything. I love pumpkin spice latte’ and any kind of hot chocolate. When I found a pumpkin spice hot chocolate I knew I had to give this recipe a try. It’s what I consider the best of both worlds. The recipe certainly lived up to my expectations. It’s thick, creamy and has an amazing pumpkin pie flavor.
The smell in the house while this is cooking on the stove is incredible. This would also work great in a slow cooker. Try serving this recipe throughout the day on Thanksgiving. Your guest will be very happy I know I was!!
This is the doubled recipe. One recipe wasn’t even close to enough I had to double it!
- 5 cups milk
- 2/3 cup hot cocoa mix (no marshmallows)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or marshmallows optional
- In a medium sauce pan over medium low heat whisk together your milk and hot cocoa mix.
- You will want to keep your heat no higher than medium. It’s important that all of your spices to have a chance to mingle in the hot chocolate.
- Add canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and/or marshmallows
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com