On one of my many visits to Amy’s finer things I came across this recipe. Oh I couldn’t wait to try it! Chicken, Bacon, Cheese!!! YES Please!! All of my favorite things in one pan… Add a pizza to the pan and I would have had everything I loved in one. HAHAHHA!
When I first realized that this recipe has a honey mustard sauce I was a little leery. I like honey mustard, but I wasn’t sure I liked it THAT much, but I decided to give it a try anyway, and wow am I happy I did!!
This recipe is very easy to make. Dinner was literally done in less than 1 hour. I followed the directions exactly the way they are listed with no problems at all.
Dinner was phenomenal. I can’t tell you how many compliments I received. We had this at a get together of a few friends and it was a HIT!
The honey mustard, chicken, bacon, and cheese combination works incredibly well together. The chicken was tender enough to not need a knife, and the flavor was the die for. If you want to make a really good impression as a cook, and you are someone who likes honey mustard this is a recipe for you!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness (each breast was 6oz. for me)
- Seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- ¼ cup regular mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon. Do not discard grease. Sauté chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Move chicken to a 9×13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes. Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with mushrooms, bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com