- 16 oz. round roast
- 4 tsp. plus 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 5 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Slice meat into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1″ long so you have small thin slices. Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp. of soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of rice wine, 1 tsp. cornstarch and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. water and 2 tsp. cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat. Swirl in 1 tbsp. oil and add the beef spreading evenly. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp. of oil to the skillet, add peppers and onions and cook about 2 minutes. Return beef to the skillet, add the sauce and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com