- 1 lb gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sweet creamy butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, chilled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- freshly crushed black pepper, to taste
- Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown.
- To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes and basil, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese if desired.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com