- 1 can (12ct) refrigerated bread stick dough (Pillsbury)
- 1 (8ct) package hot dogs (I used Nathan’s)
- 3 TBS baking soda
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add hot dogs and boil for 3 minutes.
- While cooking open and separate bread sticks. (You will have 4 extra- just twist and place on baking sheet to make bread sticks.)
- Once hot dogs are cooked, allow to cool enough to handle.
- Carefully ladle out 1 cup of boiling water into a bowl big enough to fit hot dogs. Add baking soda and stir until dissolved.
- Wrap each hot dog with one bread stick, twisting it around. Leave a 1 inch space at each end. When hot dogs are wrapped, carefully dip each into water mixture being sure to cover.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes, checking after 5.
- Bake until browned on top, but watch carefully because can easily burn. Serve with spicy ketchup on side.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
3 thoughts on “Mall Style Pretzel Dogs”
They are so good! We make ours with homemade pizza dough 🙂
I think Pizza dough would have made these so much better. As my friend Alison from Under the big Oak tree said to me, all the Pillsbury bread products taste the same. Pizzas dough would have made this fantastic!!
Looks and sounds amazing.