- 3 cups of seeded watermelon chunks
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of light corn syrup
- 1 ounce of vodka (any vodka will work) (this is a VERY important ingredients don’t skip you won’t taste it) I used Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka
- Puree watermelon chunks in a blender and strain if necessary.
- In a large saucepan bring to a boil the watermelon puree, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Once the sugar has melted turn off the burner then allows the watermelon puree to cool down to room temperature.
- Mix in the vodka. The vodka is important to this recipe because although you cannot taste the vodka what it does is it prevents the puree from freezing into a solid block. Instead it will not free 100% which is what you are looking for. This will help you get a nice Granita. With most Granita recipes you are required to do a lot of scraping throughout the freezing process this will prevent you having to do the entire extra work. It works perfect!
- Once the vodka is stirred transfer the mixture to a Ziploc bag and freeze for 18-24 hours.
- Occasionally while the Granita is freezing just massage/knead the ingredients in the bag. This will help you accomplish the granite without a lot of work.
Number of Servings: 8
- 94 calories per serving
- 20 carbs
- 0 grams of fat
- 0 protein
- 4 sugar
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com