My husband and I love Mexican hot chocolate, but it can be on the high side of the calorie scale. With a little creative thinking we can up with a lower calorie version that is just as good as the one we were making for three times the amount of calories.
If you have never had Mexican hot chocolate you are in for a treat. It has a nice spicy cinnamon flavor mixed in decedent chocolate. Here is our guiltless lower calorie version of Mexican hot chocolate. Might I add that if you are watching what you are eating and drinking (calorie wise) this is a great fix if you are craving something sweet.
- 1 tbsp. Nestle Abuelitas Syrup
- 1 pouch of No Sugar or Sugar Free Hot Cocoa
- 8 ounces of hot water
- Use a coffee pot, stove top, microwave, or like I did a Kuerig to heat up 8 ounces of hot water.
- To the hot water add 1 pouch of no sugar hot cocoa mix.
- Stir until it’s completely blended together, then add 1 tbsp. of Abuelitas Syrup, and then mix well.
*optional: top with ground cinnamon or whipped topping
Number of Servings: 1
- 100 calories per serving
- 22 carbs
- 0 grams of fat
- 3 protein
- 20 sugar
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com