This recipe is excellent! I enjoyed it so much! Not only is the 239 calories per cup but its very filling. It tends to be very spicy, but an easy fix for that is to use mild Rotel instead of the hot or original. We ended up having it two different nights and two different ways. One night we ate it as a casserole, another night on flour tortillas with cheese and tomatoes, and I would like to use it a three time by rolling it in corn tortillas topping it was an enchilada sauce and cheese. I know that’s going to be excellent! It’s a very versatile recipe that goes a long way.
The original recipe is made a lot different than the way I made it, but I must stress that if you make it like the original recipe is made use instant rice or the rice doesn’t cook all the way through. That was a complaint that a lot of people had. By using the instant rice you won’t have that problem. Below is my version of the recipe using left over rotisserie chicken.
- 1 can fat free cream mushroom soup
- 1 can fat free cream chicken soup
- 1 can water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 1/2 cups brown instant rice (uncooked)
- 12 ounces of deboned rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray with cooking spray a 13×9 in glass casserole dish
- In a medium size bowl whisk together soups, water and spices, Rotel, black beans chicken and rice then pour into the baking dish
- Cover with foil; bake 350 degrees 1 hour and 40 min.
- Remove foil, Sprinkled the top with cheese
- 239 calories per serving
- 31 carbs
- 7 grams of fat
- 17 protein
- 2 sugar
*Nutritional information found on http://www.myfitnesspal.com this information will vary based on the products you use.*
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole