- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grind black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups (possibly more) shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix cornstarch, salt, Cayenne Pepper and Black Pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut.
- Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be about 2 inches deep – add more oil if needed) or deep fat fryer to 350º F.
- Add chicken to the hot oil in batches.
- Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar.
- 1-2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
For Spicy Apricot Sauce Mix all ingredients together
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
1 thought on “Coconut Crusted Chicken”
my mouth is so watery right now. Yum!