|I was in a hurry so this was taken with my phone
Last night I was running very late getting home and of course keeping with our no eating out had to make dinner. I had purchased some frozen egg rolls from Sam’s Club that I decided I was going to stick in the oven to have for a quick and easy dinner. I really wanted to serve fried rice with dinner, but I figured it would be too much trouble or I wouldn’t have everything I needed. To my surprised I had just about everything. With a little modification of the original recipe I was able to whip up this recipe in just a matter of minutes.
I actually had left over brown right in the refrigerator which never happens except a few days ago I didn’t think I made enough so I made more and actually ended up making too much so that worked out. I had everything else I needed on hand that I wanted to use. The original recipe calls for meat, but I just wanted vegetable fried rice so with a little modification I was able to serve this with the egg rolls.
I must say it turned out fantastic! Much better than the fried rice I pay $5 for at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I will never buy fried rice again after making this recipe! Yummy!
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 drops soy sauce
- 6 drops sesame oil
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots (I used frozen, peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice (I used left overs)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in skillet add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn brown , about 8-10 minutes
- Add 6 drops of soy and 6 drops of sesame oil to the skillet and cook for a minute
- Push everything in your skillet to one side then add egg mixture to the empty side working quickly, stirring eggs until they are cooked, when eggs fluff, chop them into small pieces and mix them into the other ingredients in your pan.
- Add carrots, peas, or any other vegetables and cooked for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and mix well cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Add and additional 2 tbsp. of light soy sauce or additional sesame oil until you have the desired flavor; stir-fry for 1 minute more, if desired add salt for flavor.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
2 thoughts on “Quick and Easy Fried Rice”
Looks good, I am inviting you to participate in my Show Your Stuff link party:http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/05/show-your-stuff-22.html
Yum. What a great way to use left over rice. I love fried rice!