I thought I would post my new favorite buffalo chicken wing recipe just in time for the Super Bowl! This is what we will be having for dinner tonight so I wanted to share the recipe just in case you were still searching for what to serve during the big game!
These are honestly the best wings I have ever eaten! They are mild but have the amazing buffalo flavor just without the killer heat. The great thing about this recipe is it starts off mild but you can easily adjust it to soot the needs of the person eating them.
If you want them to be hotter just add more Franks hot sauce, if the recipe is too hot just add more honey! It’s very easy to adjust based on your preference. I do highly and I mean HIGHLY recommend Franks Red Hot Sauce. It really did make this receipt phenomenal I would never use anything else again!
- 2lbs Chicken Wings (I used boneless chicken breast cut into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. pepper
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Franks red hot sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large zip bag. Toss the chicken in the flour mixture, coating completely, then you back up.
- Put the coated chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour. This is very important because it will help the coating adhere to the chicken during frying, and it also helps to avoid having to dip your chicken in egg or milk before dredging it in the flour mixture.
- While your chicken getting happy in the refrigerator in a medium saucepan, combine the butter, hot sauce, ketchup, and honey (I highly recommend doubling the wing sauce).
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until a nice it is nice and thick! Set aside.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and fry in the oil until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. To keep over of your chicken warm while you finish frying it up place it in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet in the over on 200 degrees.
- When all chicken is cooked, toss in the sauce until completely coated, or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
1 thought on “Mild and Delicious Buffalo Wings”
I am inviting you come and be part of my blog hop:http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-your-stuff-9.html