Although this recipe is good it’s not exactly what I would call sesame chicken. At least it’s not sesame chicken in the sense that I am accustom to it. This reminds me more of a bourbon chicken they would sell in the mall food court. Everyone really loved this recipe, but if you are looking for a traditional sesame chicken keep looking. I would make this again but I would present it to my family with a different name! HA! *I doubled the sauce part of the recipe so that there would be extra to put over the rice. *
- 2 1bs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 large Onion Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 or 4. Serves 4 – 6.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com