My husband and I both loved this soup, but I must admit it was a little on the spicy side even for me. The chili powder is super strong in this recipe! Next time I make this I would probably only add one tablespoon of chili powder. It can be a little chocking. If you don’t like spicy, then this is not a recipe for you unless you tweak it a bit. What I loved about this recipe is it’s filling, and it’s low in calories. 86 Calories per serving*
Makes 4 1/2 cups Serves 6= ¾ cup each
- 1 (14.5-oz) can of fire-roasted tomatoes with medium chilies (I used mild Rotel)
- 1 (15-oz) can of chick peas (I used Great Northern less calories)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place tomatoes, chick peas and garlic with the broth and chili powder in large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! (I added everything to the pot at one time and let it cook. Super simple, and fast!)
*calculated on myfitnesspal.com
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
3 thoughts on “Dr. Oz’s Belly-Blasting New Year’s Soup (86 Calories)”
Mmmmm looks like something I would like, might have to give this one a try this week! Thanks!!!
FYI – I ended up making this tonight!!! I put it in the fridge to have later this week but I stole a spoonful and it tasted really good!
Yum! I love making soup in the winter! Low cal and dilicious. I will have to give this one a try.