This is a really great dip and believe me it was a hit with my guest. My only complaint is that once it baked there was a huge pool of oil from the cheese floating on top.
Maybe if I had baked it in a bread bowl it might have helped to absorbed some of the oil up making a better presentation. This would even be a great baked potato topper or served on top on baked potato bites.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced green onion (adds great color)
- 7 bacon strips, diced and fried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with bread cubes or crackers.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
3 thoughts on “Hot Bacon Cheese Dip”
This sounds wonderful! Applebees has a dip that looks similar and it is awesome!
That looks really good and despite the extra oil from the cheese, it does have bacon in it so that makes up for it right?! 🙂
i'm a fan of cheese and bacon and this recipe looks delicious!