- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place cauliflower and brussels sprouts in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings. Sauté onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the milk, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cauliflower mixture and bacon. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
5 thoughts on “Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower Gratin”
Ooh I need to try this – I love Brussels sprouts! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
I love brussel sprouts and this looks divine.
Love me some brussel sprouts! Please think about adding this to our recipe linky on my blog to share 🙂
Hi this sounds wonderful but what is the bread crumb and cheese ingredients and amounts? thank you. looking forward to trying it!
Yum, both are my favorite veggies. Thanks for the recipe….