I don’t like to refer to myself as cheap so I will say I am frugal. I hate spending big bucks on things we use every day. I love to have foaming hand soap in the bathroom, but I hate to pay refill prices. In the kitchen I have the Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System which I refill myself also. I decided to find a way to refill my foaming hand soap dispenser that I purchased at Target. I paid around $2.50 for the initial foaming soap dispenser and of course it came filled, but I wasn’t going to pay the money they wanted to refill it. After 2 minutes of research I found a “recipe” and instructions on how to make my own. I walked to the bathroom with a measuring spoon, cup, and dish soap and 1 minute later I had foaming soap! Simple Simple Simple! Cheap! If you want something that smells better than dish soup you can use Bath and Body Works Shower Gel or even the Body Shop Shower Gel. Whatever makes you happy! I made pumpkin spice soap today using the Body Shop Shower Gel.
You will need:
- 1 empty foaming hand spa dispenser
- 3 TBS Clear (very important) liquid soap (body wash, hand soap, dish washing soap, shampoo)
- 2/3 Cup water
1. Add the 3 TBS of clear liquid soap to your foaming hand soap dispenser
2. Add the 2/3 Cup of water
3. Close up your your foaming hand soap dispenser and gently move the soap and water around so that they will mix well. Do not shake! Gently combine the water and the soap.
4. Test your foaming hand soap dispenser to insure it works
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com