I started with a recipe I found on Food.com. Once the pot pie filling was made I tasted it and I was pretty disappointed in how bland it tasted to me.
- 1/2 cup potato, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon season salt
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sautéed mixture, stirring well, and cook one minute stirring constantly.
- Add broth, white wine, and half and half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage, thyme, and season salt
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Add Chicken and stir well
- At this point I allowed the filling to cool and I refrigerated it overnight. This allowed all the spices to mingle and get happy. You can certainly skip this step. I was using this as a make ahead meal.
- If you are putting this together at a later time you will need to heat up your pie filling bringing it to a bubble
- Using a cupcake pan take individual egg roll wrappers and place them in each cup laid out one at a time and full each cup with 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Bring each egg roll wrapper corner to the middle and press together. They will seal up for the most park while they bake.
- When the are golden brown they are ready!!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
4 thoughts on “Magnifique’ Chicken Pot Pie”
What a fun and different idea for pot pie! And best of all?? I have wonton wrappers in my fridge 🙂 The filling sounds amazing, I can't wait to try these little pockets of deliciousness!
Can I have like 20 please?
These look so delicious!
These look awesome!