As a lot of you know I have been a huge fan of Kittencals for a long time. She has some wonderful recipes that are almost always a must have in our home. It’s rare that we find something we don’t like. If we do it’s probably because someone is being over picky that night, or just doesn’t like what we are having for dinner in general. This recipe is another fantastic winner for Kittencal!
This gravy is my new favorite! It’s creamy and bursting with flavor! I couldn’t have found anything better in gravy!! The first time I made it I didn’t have any bacon drippings so I used two tablespoons of butter instead and it was fantastic. If you want a totally great twist add bacon or sausage drippings … to die for!
- 2 tablespoons bacon pan drippings
- 1/4 cup flour
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon black pepper (start with ½ and see if you want more)
- Salt (optional)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup Milk or half-and-half
- Heat the pan drippings over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook until lightly golden brown (about 3-4 minutes, the flour must be light brown!).
- Add in black pepper and garlic powder; then add in the broth and whisk until smooth; bring to a simmer, then slowly whisk in the cream.
- Cook until slightly thickened (about 4-5 minutes).
- Season with more black pepper and salt if desired.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
4 thoughts on “Sawmill Gravy Cream Gravy”
This picture truly has me drooling!
My hubby will LOVE this… he is a southern boy and I'm learning to cook things that he grew up with. I confess… I use gravy packets and \”just add water\”. I'm sure the homemade version is MUCH better :o) Thanks for sharing!
I've made this twice now..and its wonderful and super easy.
Isn’t it? It’s so decedent!! I just love it!!