Let’s get the facts straight right from the beginning … I HATE MEATLOAF! Well, until now! My family loves meat loaf, but never gets it, because I hate it! I finally decided to be nice and make it because I found a recipe that had such great reviews.
This recipe was so easy to put together. I actually sat at the kitchen table with all of my ingredients and had it together in minutes. It comes out of the oven so juicy, and simply yummy. I have only had meatloaf a few times in the past, and it’s always very dry. You won’t have to worry about that with this recipe!
One piece of information I will give you is that when you initally put it all together it seems very wet, but this is what keeps it moist while it’s baking. This got rave reviews in my house … even from me! Original recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 slice bread (broken or chopped finely)
- 1 egg
- 1 small vidalia onion or type sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2-2/3 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (I used 3 tablespoons I will only use 1 1/2 – 2 next time)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole