I was having a very bad craving for Starbucks last night, but unfortunately my diet calorie count will not allow for the Starbucks drinks I love. I rarely have an extra 350 plus calories to use on a coffee drink. I started looking around the net to find a drink I could have that would give me the same effect, but without all of the calories.
I came across this Hungry Girl Recipe and I had pretty much everything I needed and only had to do a few modifications. I flipped out over this recipe because it’s less than 100 calories and something I can have as a treat whenever I want! I don’t have to feel guilty for spending all of those calories much less spending all of the money. This is a great recipe and it’s awesome knowing that it cost me pocket change to make verses what I would have normally spent at Starbucks! Thank you Hungry Girl!!
- 5 oz. light vanilla soymilk (I used fat free milk)
- 3 tsp. Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee-mate powder, dissolved in 1 oz. warm water
- 1 flat tsp. instant coffee
- 1 oz. Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 3 packets Splenda (next time I will only use 2)
- 1 cup ice; crushed
- 2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip (I used Cool whip free)
- Place all of the ingredients in blender, except for the Reddi-wip.
- Blend on high speed until well blended.
- Pour into a tall glass, and finish off with whipped topping. A vanilla dream!