Kevin and I were in the mood for a light meal after a very hot day last week. I racked my brain for something I thought we would both like and was light and healthy at the same time. I decided to recreate a salad I recently had when we were out for lunch one day. I could have just gone and bought one, but I didn’t want to leave the house to do so. I made a few changes to the cheese and salad dressing to bring the calorie count down, and the salad turned out great! We both really enjoyed it.
- ¼ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. canned chicken 98% fat free
- 2 cups organic greens
- 2Tbs wish bone light raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing
- ½ oz. mozzarella part skim milk cheese
- 1Tbs natural raw sliced almonds
- Place your greens on a plate then layer on top, chicken, cheese, fruit, sliced almonds, then your dressing.
- I personally like to put everything in a large bowl and mix everything up. This helps to spread the dressing throughout the salad.
- Originally I didn’t think this would be enough dressing, but after a good tossing it was perfect!
Calories Calculated on www.myfitnesspal.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
1 thought on “Berry Blasted Chicken Salad (Low Calorie Options)”
That looks delicious! It's also the perfect salad for the 4th of July!