I knew I needed to find something low calorie for lunch, but I also wanted to make something that I had all the ingredients for (because I was starving), and I wanted something that would be quick and easy, and give me the most bang for my calories. I also wanted to avoid adding cheese to anything because I have recently learned that cheese is loaded full of calories! I came up with the recipe and it turned out fantastic! I have adapted this for a serving of one, but you can easily adapt it to what you need!
- 2 ounces Swanson White Premium Chicken Chunks Canned
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp Pace Picante Sauce (I used medium)
- .5 ounce Organic Greens
- 2 Tia Rosa White Corn Tortilla (Try to find something lower in calories this is what I had on hand, but each tortilla is 60 calories each)
Calorie Total: 217 according to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
- Add chopped onions to a small frying pan cook on medium high until they start to brown (You don’t need to add any fat or sprays to the pan to keep these onions happy just use a non-stick pan), then add chicken.
- Cook until chicken is heated up, and the onions are being translucent.
- Add picante sauce and mix together well then heat through
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Then top each corn tortillas with the organic greens, then top your greens with the chicken mixture