Because of a really great sale I ended up with about 30 cans of Pillsbury Grand’s Biscuits. I ended up giving most of them away, but I still have a few cans I wanted to do something with. I decided to make Super Simple Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. These are definitely not for your calorie conscious or anyone on the Summer Slim Down Challenge, but they are REALLY good especially warm. Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Delicious!
- 1 Can Pillsbury Grand’s Biscuits
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4Tbs Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1 zip bag
- 1 soda bottle cap (I used my red wine vinegar cap)
- Heat your vegetable oil to 350 degrees about 3-4 inches deep
- In a zip bag add cinnamon and sugar, zip up the bag and shake, set aside
- Open up the can of biscuits and flatten them slightly
- Take your soda bottle cap and punch out a hole in the middle of your biscuits. (Don’t throw away the center hole they make great donut holes)
- Cook donuts until they are golden brown on each side cooking long enough to insure they are done in the middle. Flip several times during the cooking process. Make them in small batches to insure you are not crowding the oil. I made 2 at a time.
- As each donut comes out of the oil add it to the cinnamon sugar filled zip back, close up and shake, then set the now cinnamon sugar aside and continue the process until you are done.
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
3 thoughts on “Super Simple Cinnamon Sugar Donuts”
Hey Nicole!What a great blog you have – lots of delicious recipes I'd love to try here! :)Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following me :DI'm following you too :)Katrinethegentleflower.blogspot.com
just passing right on by this one………:)
Thanks for following me, I am following you back! Your blog is great. I love this recipe for donuts, I used to make them with my parents when I was a kid.