- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Pastel sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla. Shape into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles; return eggs to waxed paper. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 eggs.