This is a fantastic recipe! Not only is it simple to make, but it’s also very very good! Next time I would half the recipe because it’s double what we would normally eat. The great thing is I can freeze the left overs for another meal. I also think the next time I make this recipe I will make it with Italian sausage to give it some extra pizazz! I really like using the cooking with the cooking crème! In truth I could eat it with a spoon it’s so good!!
- 1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce ( I used Ragu)
- 1 tub(10 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme, divided
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta (I used rigatoni because I had it on hand)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat with vegetables in large nonstick skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozzarella: cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella. Cover.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 15 min.