I freaked out about 3:30 this afternoon when I realized I forgot to make the meatballs and stick them in the crockpot. I ran in the kitchen and put everything together in less than 10 minutes and put the crockpot on high. It’s super easy to put together. I put all the meatball ingredients in my Kitchen Aid and let go. Then I quickly rolled the meatballs and poured the sauce on top. I set my crockpot on high because I was running behind. I had everything in the house except the duck sauce so it didn’t cost much to make. By 7:00pm dinner was ready and fantastic. This recipe was a huge hit we didn’t have one meatball left over. Everyone raved about how wonderful they were, and the house smelled amazing too. This is now one of my favorite recipes. I found it on www.allyou.com
and fell in love.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 scallions, white and light-green parts, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup jarred Chinese plum sauce or duck sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Combine pork, panko, scallions, egg, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a large bowl; mix gently but thoroughly with your fingers.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.Mist slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add meatballs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, plum sauce and hoisin sauce; pour over meatballs. Gently stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low until meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 hours.
Originally Found on www.allyou.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
3 thoughts on “Crockpot Tangy Asian Meatballs”
I just got a new KitchenAid mixer and I love it! What's your favorite recipe to use with it? Easiest? I love desserts!New GFC follower from Let's Get Social. Feel free to stop by.Billiehttp://rowellreviews.blogspot.com
Hi Billie, I love my Kitchen Aid I am so excited you got a mixer. I love mine more than anything else in my kitchen. I made everything in my mixer. I even mix up my mashed potatoes. I can't think of many things I don't use my mixer for. My husband and I joke over who will get the mixer if we ever divorce.
It happens to me too sometimes and I am running like crazy. Your meatballs look super!