My picture doesn’t look very appealing, but this recipe is really fantastic. I was very unsure about this recipe but the end results were impressive. If you don’t like sesame oil you might not like this recipe, but if you are a lover like me you will really enjoy this hearty recipe.
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Rinse potatoes to remove starch.
- Heat pan and add olive oil. Add potatoes and garlic and cook until the potatoes look a little translucent, and then add the onion. Keep stirring.
- Add water, soy sauce, sugar, corn syrup and mix and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until liquid is evaporated. If it needs more water, add some.
- When potato is cooked take off stove and add 1 T of sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.