- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cheddar.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Using fork, stir milk into flour mixture until soft dough forms.
- Do not overwork or over-mix dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to drop biscuit on cookie sheets, 1in apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. (Watch them close)
8 thoughts on “Quick Cheese Biscuits”
Thanks for stopping by Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's! Following all your media sources.~Melissahttp://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.comhttp://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlanderhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Keeping-Up-With-The-Rheinlanders/142498255802871
Oh, thanks! I think I'm going to try these tonight. Will go well with the soup I have planned
I really like this biscuit recipe. The cheese sounds GREAT!!! in the recipe and with a warm bowl of soup. YUMMY!!!
These look so good, and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
AH! These looks so yummy! I HAVE to make these, thanks for sharing! Thanks for checking out my blog and following, too, I'm returning the love!~Crystalwww.thecraftycrystal.blogspot.com
I looked and thought I have all those ingredients. They are in the oven now and I shall soon be tasting them. 🙂 Thanks!
What did you think of them Junebug? I think they are good, but I wonder if you could add something else to make them pop. They need something else!
It seems that recently more and more people are switching to a meatless diet. Becoming a vegetarian can have several benefits, ranging from weight loss to disease prevention.However, switching to a vegetarian lifestyle can be a difficult adjustment at first. A few cooking tips for vegetarians can help any vegan newcomer get started on the right footing. Learn more:cooking tips