- 2 large onions
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Oil for frying
- Begin heating oil in a frying pan on medium high heat (adjust as needed). By the time your prep work is done your oil should be hot enough to fry (test your oil to make sure before frying)
- In a zip plastic bag add flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, zip up and shake all together
- Slice onion as thin as possible. I use a boning knife to get the onions super thin.
- Add sliced onions to the zip bag close and shake.
- Add onion a handful at a time to the oil (do not over crowd your frying pan) and fry until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel
- Repeat until onions are all cooked.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
3 thoughts on “Crisyp Onion Straws”
Those are like onion rings right? They look really good.
They are and they are ridiculously good!! Way too good!
I am tying this here instead of the above comment but just fyi you can buy the same theater size boxes of candy at the Dollar Tree for $1. In case you don't have time to order online- they always have a big selection. That's what I giv emy cousin's in their buckets at Christmas.