- 5 ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb of peene pasta
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with the oil and butter.
- When butter melts, add garlic and grated onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the broth, then the cream and bring to a simmer
- Reduce heat to low.
- Chop and separate spinach into pieces then add it to the sauce.
- Stir in the artichokes and cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the peene in salted boiling water according to package directions, about 12 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the spinach artichoke sauce.
- Serve immediately
2 thoughts on “Spinach-Artichoke Peene”
This looks super easy and DELICIOUS. I'll have to try it out