I had never made roasted carrots before, but I needed a veggie to go with dinner, and we had a few bags of carrots that needed to be used. I decided to try roasted them. Something about the fall makes me want to roast everything. Who knows why? There were several things I was not prepared for, 1 they shrink down, 2 they cook pretty quickly I figured the cooking time was wrong, and 3 they are so sweet and delicious. I was very impressed with the natural sweetness my husband even asked if I added sugar to them. They don’t need anything extra they came out perfect!
- 1lb of carrots cleaned and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If the carrots are thick, quarter them, if they are thin just leave them whole.
- Then cut them in 1 inch pieces.
- Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking pan place the carrots in one layer
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender