I love this recipe. My Dad would make it all the time when I was a kid, especially when we would go to our river house for the weekend. He would get up early and dig up some new potatoes out of the garden, and make this dish on the camp fire. He never wanted to heat up the house during the summer so he did most of the cooking outside.
- 2lbs new potatoes (red potatoes)
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- Wash and quarter new potatoes, and dice onion
- In a cast iron skillet or any skillet melt margarine, and then add olive oil and heat.
- On a medium high heat add onions and new potatoes and stir together
- Pan Fry (stirring every few minutes) until potatoes are tender between 30-45 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes
- Add salt and pepper as needed serve hot
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
4 thoughts on “Dads Skillet Potatoes”
I remember making these too! They look good! Thanks!
YUMMmmm!!! We enjoyed the giant skillet potato dishes at Silver Dollar city this weekend. mmmmmmm!!!!!!!
Oh yum! I love potatoes especially on a lazy Sunday morning.
I can be honest when I say that I could really go for some right now… too bad they don't go with tonight dinner?