This recipe was a huge hit in our house. Not only was it fun to make, but it was fun to eat too, and it puts a different spin on Jell-O. We have made several different versions since discovering this recipe. It doesn’t matter the flavor of the Jell-O or the fruit you put inside because this recipe will be a hit! I suggest making it up several days before you need it because it takes a bit of time to set.
I love making it for Thanksgiving. Cranberry juice with cranberries, apples, and pineapple. Not that is a delicious recipe for fun food!
· 2 small packages of Raspberry Jell-O (I used black cherry)
· 2 cups boiling water
· 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple
· 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
· 1/2 cup red wine (I guess you could substitute grape juice)
· 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix it all (except for the nuts) together and pour into a mold.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts when Jell-O starts to set, but isn’t firm (after an hour or two, so they don’t sink to the bottom
- Serve and enjoy!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com