I want to first start off by thanking Kittencal for this recipe. I am a dye hard anti-egg eater! Why? Because I don’t like eggs! I don’t like the smell of eggs, nor do I like the look of eggs. I don’t care if you scramble, fry, or cook them over easy I don’t like them. My family on the other hand loves them. Sometimes I am forced to make them, but it’s not easy for me. I try to take the high road and look for new and inventive ways to cook old boring scrambled eggs. Kitten has a recipe that even I thought was great (everything she cooks is great) these eggs were excellent. They really are airy and fluffy! Even I, the egg scrooge, liked them a lot! The picture doesn’t do them justice, but they really are good. [For eggs :0) ]
- 2 teaspoons butter (or to taste, can omit and use vegetable spray, the butter is better)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (low fat milk is okay to use, or even canned)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (don’t be shy to add in even 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl whisk the eggs vigorously with milk, baking powder, salt and black pepper until very well combined; let stand at room temperature for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat butter until sizzling over medium-high heat in a large skillet (or spray the skillet with vegetable spray).
- Whisk eggs again briefly then mix in the cheese (if using).
- Pour into the hot skillet, stirring constantly with a small heat-proof spatula until they have reached desired consistency (DO not overcook the eggs, they will cook more when removed to a plate!).
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole