- 2 teaspoons butter (or to taste, can omit and use vegetable spray, the butter is better)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (low fat milk is okay to use, or even canned)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (don’t be shy to add in even 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl whisk the eggs vigorously with milk, baking powder, salt and black pepper until very well combined; let stand at room temperature for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat butter until sizzling over medium-high heat in a large skillet (or spray the skillet with vegetable spray).
- Whisk eggs again briefly then mix in the cheese (if using).
- Pour into the hot skillet, stirring constantly with a small heat-proof spatula until they have reached desired consistency (DO not overcook the eggs, they will cook more when removed to a plate!).